I am the President and Chief Architect of Turbojet Technologies, an Atlanta-based web development firm specializing in Drupal, an open source content management platform and application framework. We love helping our clients by developing and maintaining their Drupal-backed websites and custom applications.
If you would like more information, please send me a message using the contact page.
Past professional background:
- Nov. 2011-Sep. 2015: Lead Architect/Solutions Architect at Mediacurrent, where most recently I led the discovery and development effort for Manhattan Associates' site refresh on Drupal 8.
- Dec. 2009-Oct. 2011: Principal at Digital Valence and Senior Software Developer at CSE (which acquired Digital Valence in August 2010). Developed web applications for Digital Valence/CSE clients as part of overall technology solutions for their marketing and communication needs. Primarily used Drupal as an application framework, supplementing its rich content management functionality with custom application code. Where Drupal was not an appropriate solution, I also used PHP frameworks such as Zend Framework. I also developed Facebook applications for some clients.
- Feb. 2008-Nov. 2009: Owner of Noverna Interactive, a one-person web solutions consultancy in Atlanta, GA. Developed Drupal-based applications for small to medium-sized clients.
- Jan. 2005-Feb. 2008: Senior Software Engineer at Wave7 Optics, a telecommunications equipment vendor for fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) equipment (later acquired by Enablence Technologies). I was a team lead for the Element Management System, a distributed management application, written in Java, that allows service providers to configure and monitor Wave7 equipment in the network.
- 2001-2005: Senior Principal Engineer at Communications Test Design, Inc. (CTDI), a telecom-focused engineering and logistics company that purchased some of the Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) assets from Nortel in 2001. My role was continued development and evolution of the management system for this DSL product line. As part of this role, I wore many hats: in addition to my primary Software Development role, I assisted the Sales and Marketing team by responding to RFPs and by giving technical presentations and leading technical trials at customer sites and at trade shows. I also wrote much of the customer documentation for the newer products we released.
- 1991-2001: Held various software development and project leadership positions at Nortel, a leading telecommunications equipment vendor. I worked on the management systems for several Nortel product lines, sometimes designing and implementing code, and sometimes leading local and remote teams to implement new projects. I also contributed to the corporate design guidelines for management system graphical user interfaces (GUIs).